Oriental Lily Acapulco
Deep tropical rose overflows a wide centerline, softens to a blush of pink and then finesses a white ruffled edge. Details inside the open, characteristically "Orchid" blossom include chartreuse triangles at the base of the petals, chartreuse style and filaments, lavender stigma and rich bronze pollen. Stems 26 to 36 inches.
SIMPLE BEAUTY AT HOME
1. Cut lily stem ends to create fresh surface to absorb water and remove any faded stem base.
2. Remove all foliage below the water line and place in a clean container filled with cool water and, optionally, floral preservative. If you do not add floral preservative, change the water and re-cut the stems every day or so.
3. Lilies are sensitive to ethylene (which comes from fresh vegetables and fruits, especially bananas) which makes them open faster, but also age faster. Depending on your preference, place them away from or near fresh fruit and vegetables.
4. As the buds open, you may want to remove the pollen because it could stain your lily blooms or your clothes or table linens.
5. If pollen stains occur on blooms, remove with a chenille (fuzzy) pipe cleaner. If pollen stains occur on clothing or material, remove with sticky tape (DO NOT APPLY WATER).
SPECIAL EVENTS OR GENERALLY LONGER VASE LIFE
6. If you purchased your lilies ahead of time for a special event, cut the stems and place them in water (and floral preservative if you choose) as above.
7. Place your lilies in an area away from direct sunlight until ready for your event. We also recommend cooler room temperature and high relative humidity if possible.