Roselily Distant Drum
Distant Drum double flowered lily - a wonder of nature - will knock your socks off with layers of sweet maroon petals outlined in white.
SIMPLE BEAUTY AT HOME
1. Cut lily stem ends to create fresh surface to absorb water and remove any faded stem base.
2. Remove all foliage below the water line and place in a clean container filled with cool water and, optionally, floral preservative. If you do not add floral preservative, change the water and re-cut the stems every day or so.
3. Lilies are sensitive to ethylene (which comes from fresh vegetables and fruits, especially bananas) which makes them open faster, but also age faster. Depending on your preference, place them away from or near fresh fruit and vegetables.
4. As the buds open, you may want to remove the pollen because it could stain your lily blooms or your clothes or table linens.
5. If pollen stains occur on blooms, remove with a chenille (fuzzy) pipe cleaner. If pollen stains occur on clothing or material, remove with sticky tape (DO NOT APPLY WATER).
SPECIAL EVENTS OR GENERALLY LONGER VASE LIFE
6. If you purchased your lilies ahead of time for a special event, cut the stems and place them in water (and floral preservative if you choose) as above.
7. Place your lilies in an area away from direct sunlight until ready for your event. We also recommend cooler room temperature and high relative humidity if possible.